Farewell to 2021
The year 2021 is slowly coming to an end -- what a challenging and yet exciting year it was! Thank you all for your help, support and friendship.
2021 started with my personal show "On a Bright Side” at the local Sage Restaurant and "A Week with the Arts" at the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum in the near-by city of Gadsden. I was honored to have been selected as a cover artist for the show.
It was quite a surprise to be selected, by curator Barbara Tiffany, to participate at the "One World: International Women Artists of Florida” at the Crealdé School of Art, Winter Park, FL. It was a very inspirational experience to be a part of the group of international artists that brought their talents to Florida. Thank you Akiko Sugiyama(Japan), Alisa Brown(Jamaica), Alicia Deya(Cuba), Anna Tomczak(USA), Hye Shin(South Korea), Iwona Lys-Dobradin(Poland), Richlin Ryan(Guyana) and Carmen Lagos(Chile).
The highlight of the year was my trip to Estonia this summer; it was a great painting experience. With the low number of tourists I could really capture the charm and tranquility of the medieval city. One of the works from this trip was shown at the ASMA North Regional exhibition at the Krasl Art Center in St. Joseph, Michigan where I also gave a zoom talk.
The year 2021 did not go without a number of wonderful Plein Air events and I am especially grateful to the judges and to my peers for being recognized with a number of Awards:
Best of Show - St. George Island Paint Out, St. George Island, FL
First Place Award - Plein Air Havana, Havana, FL
Best Light - Mountain Maryland Plein Air Competition & Exhibition, Cumberland, MD
Gordon Ferguson Memorial Award - The Annual Bath County Plein Air Festival, Warm Springs Gallery, Bath County, VA
Honorable Mention - High Cotton Paint Out, Thomasville, GA
At my Tallahassee studio things continue to evolve. The weekly life drawing sessions for local artists become very popular and starting January next year we are planing to meet twice a week. Thanks to all of the visiting artists for coming over and for sharing their skills. I am proud to announce that the new 2022 year will start with a fist ever life drawing group exhibition and I hope that it will become an annual tradition. January 14 - March 5, 2022 - In Real Time / Portraits and Life Studies, The Munroe Family Community Gallery, Gadsden Arts Center & Museum, Quincy, FL.
I hope you will make plans to visit my studio, attend life drawing sessions or maybe even take some workshops with fabulous artists.
Here are few workshops that I already planed for 2022:
- January 31 - February 4, 2022, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.- A Celebration of Richard Schmid's Alla Prima, Inside and Out with Clayton J. Beck III.
• Mon. Jan. 31, 9:00 a.m. to Wed. Feb. 2, 4:00 p.m., 2022 - Alla Prima Still Life workshop.
• Thu. Feb.3, 9:00am to Fri. Feb.4, 4:00 p.m, 2022 - Figure in Plein Air. For more info about workshop visit link: www.andreeva.com/clayton
- February 10-12, 2022 - The Sketched Portrait with Kristen Valle Yann. For more info about workshop visit link: www.andreeva.com/kristen
- March 25, 2022 - Demystifying the Art of the Figure, with Lon Brauer. For more info about workshop visit link: www.andreeva.com/lon
- 12 - 16 April, 2022 - 5 days workshop with Russian artist Irina Rybakova. For more info about workshop visit: www.andreeva.com/rybakova
Happy New Year!